AIA Connecticut Design Awards 2018
Celebrating the accomplishments of Connecticut architects and the excellence of Connecticut architectural projects
Architects licensed and residing in Connecticut may submit projects located anywhere. Architects whose practice is located outside Connecticut may submit projects whose site is located in Connecticut. AIA membership is not required. Credit must be given to all contributing architectural firms. Architectural interns and students are eligible for the Unbuilt and the Architecture: the Encompassing Art categories. The project, or submitted work, must have been completed after June 30, 2011. “Completed” is defined as “substantial completion” in accordance with standard AIA documents.
- Celia Imrey, Imrey Studio, Planning & Design, New York, NY
- Robert Gurney, FAIA, Robert Gurney Architect, Washington, DC
- Stephen White, AIA, Dean and Professor, Roger Williams University, School of Architecture, Art and Historic Preservation, Bristol, RI
- Entry Deadline: July 27, 2018
- Submission Deadline: September 7, 2018, online submission completed
- Jury & Awards Announcement: September 19, 2018
- Presentation of Awards: December 3, 2018
BUILT AWARDS: Built Project categories recognize design excellence in various kinds of built architectural projects. Entries may fall into more than one category but must be assigned by the entrant to one of the following categories:
- Commercial, Institutional, Educational, or Multi-family Residential Design
- Residential Design
- Interior Architecture
UNBUILT AWARDS: Unbuilt architectural designs, for which there is no current intent to build, of any project type, including purely theoretical, visionary projects, with or without a client.
ARCHITECTURE: THE ENCOMPASSING ART AWARDS: A special, inclusive award that celebrates the multitude of design aspects that underpin the overall building design.
Registration and Submissions
Registration and Submission are electronic. Registration, which is the beginning of the submission process, must be begun by July 27, 2018.
CLICK HERE to go the Awards section of the AIA Connecticut website to access the registration/submission portal.
- AIA member: $150
- Non-member: $350
- AIA member: $100
- Non-member: $250
- AIA member: $50
- Non-member: $150
- AIA Assoc./student: $25