Foundation systems are the misunderstood, unsung heroes among build systems. Every building has a foundation, but few people notice them unless they fail, in which case the consequences can be catastrophic. This informative and entertaining program on foundations with Jim DeStefano, P.E., AIA, F. SEI will cover:
• Overview of Connecticut geology and subsoil conditions
• Selection of the appropriate foundation system for site condition
• Deep Foundation systems
• Ground improvement technologies
• Frost resistant construction
• Controlling water and radon
• Foundation construction considerations
Jim DeStefano, P.E., AIA, is a structural engineer with the firm of DeStefano & Chamberlain, Inc., Fairfield. An expert in a variety of field, Jim has garnered enthusiastic appreciation for the programs he has presented to AIA Connecticut members.
We are sorry but registration for this event is now closed.
if you would like to know if spaces are still available.