For over forty years the Connecticut Architecture Foundation (CAF) has encouraged public understanding and community involvement in design and building processes that enrich and protect our physical surroundings.
CAF is Your Foundation!
All funding from CAF comes from donations and bequests from individuals and firms: your colleagues. With that assistance, the CAF has proudly funded educational programs and opportunities, provided grants for research and awarded scholarships to promising students pursuing an education in architecture. More than $500,000 in scholarships have been awarded, including eight this year to students at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Clemson University and Yale University.
Grants Awarded in 2019
- To the Architectural Resource Center, Inc. for the Design Connections Partnership in New Haven Schools.
- To the University of Hartford NOMA Student Association for the National Organization of Minority Architects Annual Conference
- To the Connecticut Science Center Competition conferring the CAF William Mack Award.
- To the Women in Architecture Leadership Equity Summit
- To the University of Hartford AIAS to attend the AIAS National Conference
The POWER of Your Support
You can further the initiatives and support the great work of the Foundation with a gift to the 2019 Annual Appeal. The goal this year is $12,000. AIA Connecticut lists over 1,200 registered architects and associate members. A tax-deductible contribution of ONLY $10 per person will make this achievable and help provide assistance to many more deserving students and organizations.
Donate online at https://aiact.org/caf-annual-appeal/
A gift to CAF is a long-term investment in our architectural community.
Thank you for your consideration. We hope yours is a wonderful holiday season.