Education and Events Program Manager
AIA Connecticut, the statewide association for the American Institute of Architects is seeking an enthusiastic and highly organized Education and Events Program Manager to coordinate programming and produce events from conception through completion.
Our ideal candidate will be able to provide outstanding customer service and organize programs that meet the intended goals and expectations both creatively and consistently. S/he must be able to work well within time limits to plan, resource, and oversee the events. The abilities to multitask and prioritize are essential, as this role involves overseeing facilities as well as details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
If you are organized, creative, and passionate about planning, we’d love to meet you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of planning, design, and production.
- Management of all project elements within time limits and on budget.
- Negotiating contracts.
- People skills needed to staff events and coordinate their activities.
- Enthusiasm regarding collaborative work with Marketing/Communications to promote and publicize events.
- Proactive approach to handling issues and troubleshooting any emerging problems on the event day.
- Follow-through and willingness to conduct pre-and post-event evaluations, reporting on the outcomes.
- Develop and maintain sponsor relationships
- Developing leads with prospects and building an industry network
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- At least two years of special events management experience preferred
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing exhibition/event schedules.
- References and portfolio of previously managed events (meetings, parties, corporate events, etc.)
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required for all events.
- Special event budget management experience for large scale events essential.
- Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business relationships.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- Proficient in MS Office.
If you would like to join us and share our passion for our association, please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time, salaried position