The Connecticut chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA Connecticut) is a association that serves as a resource to architects and the public. Our membership of over 1,500 is comprised of architects, architectural designers working towards licensure, students, and professionals in allied fields. Our members share a passion for architecture and a desire to change the world through the power of design.
The Office Coordinator assists in office operations for both AIA Connecticut (AIACT) and the Connecticut Architecture Foundation (CAF). This role supports both groups through coordination of meetings, organization of functions, assistance in request of sponsorships and donations, and other duties as directed by the Executive Director.
- Strong written and phone communication skills with an ability to cultivate relationships.
- Effective sponsorship/fundraising skills.
- Good time-management skills with a problem-solving attitude.
Responsibilities for AIA CT
To respond to specific tasks, as appropriate within the AIACT team that include:
- Assist the Executive Director with daily administrative tasks, invoicing and updating the membership database.
- Assist Communications/Marketing Manager with maintenance of website.
- Assist Events team with pre and post set-up of
- Management of documents and code books sales.
- Compose & prepares routine
- Manage Office supplies including inventory ordering and stocking.
- Performs other duties as apparent or directed by the Executive Director of the Association.
Responsibilities for CAF
To respond to specific tasks, as appropriate with the CAF Board that include:
- Manage virtual monthly board meetings via Zoom
- Handling invoicing in QuickBooks and monthly financial reports for CAF Board
- Assist in planning event details with CAF Board.
- Assist in donor and sponsorship outreach.
- Assist with email inquiries, general correspondence, and acknowledgements for prospects and donors.
- Produce reports of fundraising outreach and sponsorships.
- Assist CAF Communications Committee with maintenance of website
- Degree or related field in Business, Marketing, Communications. Non-profit or corporate sales background a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs -Word, Excel, QuickBooks Online knowledge a plus.
Full-time/ Salary: $40,000 - $46,000
Please include a cover letter with your resume. No phone calls please!
If you would like to join us and share our passion for our association, please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to Gina Calabro at email@example.com
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift - Monday to Friday
- We are a hybrid office. For the first 90 days, 4 days in the office, 1 day work from home. After initial 90 days, 3 days in the office 2 days work from home.
COVID-19 considerations: We abide by the state local mandates.
- Driver's License (Required)