The 5th Annual Gingerbread Competition supporting Make-A-Wish Connecticut!
Last year $16,000 was raised, thanks to your generous contributions.
Let's surpass that amount to grant even more wishes!
Richard Turlington Architects and AIA Connecticut are thrilled to announce the 5th Annual Gingerbread House Competition, which supports Make-A-Wish Connecticut! Participation in this annual event contributes to fulfilling the dreams of local children battling serious illnesses.
Make-A-Wish spreads happiness throughout the year, but crafting joyful memories for these families during the holiday season holds a special significance.
This year, there are 3 tiers to choose from:
- $100 entry fee: A Gingerbread House kit will be mailed to you or your team with all the materials needed to design/build a complete house with the included items or other materials you wish to add.
- $500 entry fee: You receive a Gingerbread House kit, and a Gingerbread House kit donation also goes to a Make-A-Wish child to build and enter. You'll have an opportunity to personally share the holiday spirit with that child via a video/phone message shared with you.
- $1,000 entry fee: You receive an exclusive invite to the Make-A-Wish private event, "Winter Wonderland" on December 15th, hosted by the WWE (wrestlers will attend the event!) where you will create a gingerbread house with a make-a-wish family. You'll also be recognized in the Make-A-Wish Connecticut monthly e-newsletter.
Join this year's event, spreading kindness and love to Connecticut children and families!
How it Works
Email Info@RT-Arch.com by Friday, November 17th, 2023 and include:
- Primary contact name, phone number, and email.
- Number of participants on your team, their names, and a team name.
- Your tier choice.
- The address where to send the Gingerbread Kit.
Please make checks out to Make-A-Wish Connecticut
and mail to:
Richard Turlington Architects
55 Church St., Suite 201
New Haven, CT 06510
Teams have until Saturday, Dec. 16th to complete their creations and submit photos and video for voting.
Online voting will open on Wednesday, December 20th, allowing everyone to vote for their favorite creation. Voting concludes on January 1st!
Winners will be announced online on January 2nd.
This year we will award prizes to the top 6 winners (by votes)!
Wish kids will also select 1 entry to receive a special gift!
A special thank you to the local New Haven businesses providing prizes to our winners:
Hull's Art Supply + Framing
Trinity Bar & Restaurant
Elm City Social
Bark & Vine
Jacks' Bar and Steakhouse