The AIA Connecticut Women in Architecture Award honors registered and practicing female architects in Connecticut who demonstrate
design excellence, promote equitable & sustainable practice, and are affecting change in the profession.
The 2022 Women in Architecture Award opens on March 8, International Women's Day.
2022 Women in Architecture Award Jury
Nina Cooke John, AIA, NOMA, NCARB
Studio Cooke John
Caitlin Taylor, RA
MASS Design Group
- Provide a submission that describes how the nominee meets the criteria listed below:
- Design Excellence - A body of work that conveys contributions to the design community and built environment through the design of built or unbuilt work, writing, teaching, or publication.
- Exhibits a collaborative and participatory approach to working with others.
- Promote Equitable Practice - Demonstrated intent and ability to promote equitable practice through their work and values.
- Promotes sustainable practices – demonstrated by their body of work
- Affect Change - Exhibits a forward-thinking and progressive approach with a goal to create positive change in the profession, built environment, or wider community.
- Must be a member of AIA Connecticut
AIA Connecticut Member: $100.00
- Submissions are to be composed as a single multi-page PDF document.
- Description of the nominee
- Curriculum Vitae
- 100-word bio of nominee
- 100-250 words that describe how the nominee meets the five awards criteria above
- Supporting material for 5 relevant projects, articles, or publications.
- 100-250-word description of the project, including description of applicant’s role
- List of project collaborators
- If a project, 5 images of each project as a high-resolution jpeg
- If an article or publication, pdf
- Description of action toward a Sustainable Practice
- One letter of recommendation
- Contact information for support material, such as a marketing department or nominee’s address, phone number, and email address.
- If the nominee is recognized with an award, individual high-res project photographs in JPEG format will be required from the submitter.
Registration Deadline: March 29, 2022
Submission Deadline: April 12, 2022