The AIA Connecticut Women in Architecture Award honors Connecticut registered and practicing female architects who demonstrate design excellence, promote equitable practice, and are affecting change in the profession.
- Provide a submission that describes how the nominee meets the criteria listed below:
- Design Excellence - A body of work that conveys contributions to the design community and built environment through the design of built or unbuilt work, writing, teaching, or publication.
- Exhibits a collaborative and participatory approach to working with others.
- Promote Equitable Practice - Demonstrated intent and ability to promote equitable practice through their work and values.
- Promotes sustainable practices – demonstrated by their body of work
- Affect Change - Exhibits a forward-thinking and progressive approach with a goal to create positive change in the profession, built environment, or wider community.
- Must be a member of AIA Connecticut
- Submissions are to be composed as a single multi-page PDF document.
- Description of the nominee
- Curriculum Vitae
- 100-word bio of nominee
- 100-250 words that describe how the nominee meets the three awards criteria
- Supporting material for 5 relevant projects, articles, or publications.
- 100-250-word description of the project, including description of applicant’s role
- List of project collaborators
- If a project, 5 images of each project as a high-resolution jpeg
- If an article or publication, pdf
- Description of action toward a Sustainable Practice
- One letter of recommendation
- Contact information for support material, such as a marketing department or nominee’s address, phone number, and email address.
- If the nominee is recognized with an award, individual high-res project photographs in JPEG format will be required from the submitter.
Registration Opens: June 23, 2021
Registration Deadline: July 19, 2021
Submission Deadline: August 23 2021