The Committee on Design promotes design excellence among members of the AIA, the broader design community, and the public at large.
We promote a range of activities intended to encourage a dialogue on the art of building.
Our goals are
- to examine and promote knowledge of contemporary design issues;
- to compare current design and historic precedents;
- to learn from the contrast or progression of ideas;
- to advocate leadership roles for architects within the fields of design and planning
All AIA Connecticut Members and Allied Members are invited to attend. Meetings are held virtually the third Thursday of the month at 4:00 pm unless otherwise indicated.
See Calendar for dates. (Schedule information subject to change.)
2023 Committee on Design Meeting Dates (subject to change)
- January TBD
- February 16- Roundtable Discussion
- April 20
- June 22- Roundtable Discussion
- October 19- Roundtable Discussion
- December TBD