Earn your required credits at a reduced cost with
the AIA Connecticut Member Season Ticket.
What are the benefits of membership in AIA Connecticut?
An AIA Connecticut membership connects you to a network of peers, leadership opportunities, and vital career resources – licensing, current codes, contracts.
- Continuing Education
- Provides continuing education seminars and programs required for maintenance of licensing and NCARB status.
- Seminars and programs are developed to enhance members’ knowledge of innovations and technological advances in the practice of architecture.
- Continuing Education seminars at member discount prices and some are offered at no cost to members as to provide the minimum of required continuing education hours required for AIA membership. AIA Connecticut offers over 100 hours of continuing education programming each year. These CE hours mirror the requirements of most states or are in excess of state requirements.
- State Government Advocacy
- Advocates for the rights of all Connecticut architects.
- Active representation at the state legislature, and with state agencies, as well as at the federal level on issues vital to architects, such as licensing, architects’ contracts, building code requirements, sales tax, and various design & construction related issues.
- Protects the use of the term “Architect” from use by unlicensed individuals or business.
- Proactively introduces legislation to benefit the profession when the opportunity arises.
- Improved architects’ selection process at all public client levels through active support of the Qualifications Based Selection (QBS) process.
- Outreach in the Building Industry
- Has formed alliances and coalitions with other industry groups to achieve shared goals.
- School Construction Coalition.
- Coalition for the Adoption of a Unified Code.
- DPW Advisory Council.
- State Building Inspectors Office and Code and Standards Committee.
- Has thereby enhanced position of architects industry-wide.
- Outreach has improved impact of government advocacy.
- Web Directory and Find an Architect
- All AIA Connecticut members are listed on our website which receives approximately 30,000 visits per month. Many visitors are seeking architectural services.
- Sole practitioners are listed as firms.
- Specified areas of expertise and link to your website (if applicable) are provided.
- Business Support
- AIA Connecticut Resume Register helps you search for new positions or employees.
- AIA Documents at member discount price and free document information from AIA.
- Posts electronic notice of request from proposals on public projects and any projects for which we receive notification.
- Special Recognition
- Programs and outreach programs are offered that recognize a variety of architectural achievements and that value architectural services.
- Awards programs including Design, Alice Washburn, CT Treasures, Service, Business, Emerging Architects, and Drawing.
- Public and Media Relations and Publications
- Raising public awareness of the contributions of architects to our state and its infrastructure.
- Symposiums and media coverage of awards and public forums are actively pursued.
- ARCHITYPE, AIA Connecticut ‘s digital magazine, published eleven times each year, features member news and information that is pertinent to the profession.
- A listing in the printed AIA Connecticut Membership Directory.
- A subscription to Architect magazine, the official magazine of AIA National.
- Chapter meetings and programs throughout the year afford an opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with your peers.
- Committees such as Design, Education, Professional Practice, Emerging Professionals, Government Affairs, and the Committee on the Environment (COTE) offer the opportunity to network with colleagues and to become involved in your areas of interest. Personal involvement is encouraged.
- Intern Development Program
- Opportunities to mentor and make a difference to the young professional.
- Being a Voice
- There is strength in numbers. WE’RE BETTER TOGETHER!
- Continuing Education