AIA Connecticut Women in Architecture Award honors female architects who demonstrate design excellence, promote equitable practice, and are creating positive change in the profession.
Provide supporting documents describing how the nominee meets the criteria listed below:
Design Excellence: A portfolio that conveys contributions to the design community and built environment through the design of built or unbuilt work, writing, teaching, or publication. Exhibits a collaborative and participatory approach to working with others.
Promote Equitable Practice: Demonstrated intent and ability to promote equitable practice through their work and values.
Affect Change: Exhibits a forward-thinking and progressive approach with a goal to create positive change in the profession, built environment, or wider community.
- Must be a licensed individual member of AIA Connecticut
- Description of the Nominee
- Curriculum Vitae
- 100 word bio of nominee
- 100-250 words that describe how the nominee meets the three award criteria
- Supporting material for 5 relevant projects, articles, or publications
- 100-250 word description of the project including description of applicant’s role
- List of project collaborators
- 5 Images of each project (High-resolution JPEG)
- PDF of article or publication
- One letter of recommendation
- Contact information for support material, such as marketing department
Registration Opens: September 2, 2020
Registration Deadline: September 29, 2020
Submission Deadline: October 20, 2020