The Women in Architecture Award recognizes licensed women architects within AIA Connecticut who showcase exceptional design skills, advocate for fair and sustainable practices, and make a positive impact in the industry.
Nominees may submit their own applications or be nominated by their firm.
The 2023 Women in Architecture Award opens on March 8, International Women's Day.
2023 Women in Architecture Award Jury
Mia Blanchett, FAIA
Dominique Davison, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
DRAW Architecture + Urban Design
Abigail R. Brown, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
- Provide a submission that describes how the nominee meets the criteria listed below:
- Design Excellence - A body of work that conveys contributions to the design community and built environment through the design of built or unbuilt work, writing, teaching, or publication.
- Exhibits a collaborative and participatory approach to working with others.
- Promote Equitable Practice - Demonstrated intent and ability to promote equitable practice through their work and values.
- Promotes sustainable practices – demonstrated by their body of work
- Affect Change - Exhibits a forward-thinking and progressive approach with a goal to create positive change in the profession, built environment, or wider community.
- Must be a member of AIA Connecticut
AIA Connecticut Member: $100.00
- Submissions are to be composed as a single multi-page PDF document.
- Description of the nominee
- Curriculum Vitae
- 100-word bio of nominee
- 100-250 words that describe how the nominee meets the five awards criteria above
- Supporting material for 5 relevant projects, articles, or publications.
- 100-250-word description of the project, including description of applicant’s role
- List of project collaborators
- If a project, 5 images of each project as a high-resolution jpeg
- If an article or publication, pdf
- Description of action toward a Sustainable Practice
- One letter of recommendation
- Contact information for support material, such as a marketing department or nominee’s address, phone number, and email address.
- If the nominee is recognized with an award, individual high-res project photographs in JPEG format will be required from the submitter.
Registration Deadline: March 29, 2023
Submission Deadline: April 12, 2023